internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Jurors [was: legal outrage...]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Marcia <msmartin AT ccbeunet.br>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Jurors [was: legal outrage...]
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 13:43:24 -0300

>> You also bring up a point that you can't vote. Perhaps we need
>> to allow non citizens to vote. It could improve the outcome. It
>> would definitely improve the turnout since so few citizens make
>> it to the polls.

I guess it would be nice to be able to vote, but I understand it being a
privilege of the citizens of that country. I could apply for citizenship and
be able to vote. But I don't know if jury duty should be a citizens' only
task. I mean, I'm a legal resident, homeowner, tax payer; maybe I should be
allowed to be part of the justice system.

And talking about justice, I love the "legal alien" term, always makes me
feel
like I truly belong to the group, other than my green skin, 3 eyes and of
course, a pair of antennas. LOL!

WebMail Litoral Internet
www.litoral.com.br