internetworkers - [internetworkers] "Out, damned spot! Out! I say!"

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] "Out, damned spot! Out! I say!"
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:59:31 -0400 (EDT)

> http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/06/21/military.gays.ap/index.html
> Study: 770 dismissed under 'don't ask, don't tell'

> Elaine Donnelly of the Center for Military Readiness, a conservative
> advocacy group that opposes gays serving in the military, said the
> loss of gays and lesbians serving in specialized areas is irrelevant
> because they never should have been in those jobs in the first place.
>
> "We need to defend the law, and the law says that homosexuality is
> incompatible with military service," Donnelly said. "There is no
> shortage of people in the military, and we do not need people who
> identify themselves as homosexual."

I think this lady needs a course in basic logic. She also needs to get
her facts straight. Stupid B----. Having served in the military, I can
tell her that gays are by far the least of her worries about the type of
people allowed in the military. Get a life, lady. Find something
worthwhile to rant about.

-Alan

  • [internetworkers] "Out, damned spot! Out! I say!", Alan MacHett, 06/21/2004