internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Mailman assistance?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jeremy Portzer <jeremyp AT pobox.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Mailman assistance?
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 12:24:13 -0400

You should be able to run the "bin/list_members" program to dump the
database. It has a number of options as well; run it with no arguments
to see the usage.

If you don't have access to the server to run the bin/list_members
program (found in the Mailman installation directory), then I'd suggest
you contact someone who does, and have them run that program.

Let me know if you have more questions.

--Jeremy

On Mon, 2004-06-14 at 11:01, Wolfe, Joanna wrote:
> I am trying to export the email addresses that are in a Mailman list
> database into a CSV or Text file.
> I'm running into some problems. Anyone know how to export the names
> from the mailman database.
> I had been using more and dumping it to a file, but I am getting weird
> control characters that I can't deal with.
> A straight copy doesn't work either.
> The list is 24,000+ subscribers - any ideas?
>

> Regards,
> Joanna
>
> Joanna Wolfe
> Manager, Business Technology Services
> Oxford University Press, USA
> 2001 Evans Road
> Cary, NC 27513
> v: (919) 677-0977 ext. 5242
> f: (919) 677-2683
> c: (919) 219-2417
> e: joanna.wolfe AT oup.com
> w: www.oup.com/us
>
> Today's URL of interest:
> http://www.oup.com/us
| Jeremy Portzer jeremyp AT pobox.com trilug.org/~jeremy |
| GPG Fingerprint: 712D 77C7 AB2D 2130 989F E135 6F9F F7BC CC1A 7B92 |