internetworkers - [internetworkers] Jesus will have His own talk show?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers:http"@happyhouse.metalab.unc.edu://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/ <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Jesus will have His own talk show?
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 15:10:15 -0400

Well, it is eerily quiet on the Internet these days. In the parlance of the spooks, "Chatter has died down significantly." Everyone must be outside enjoying the beautiful weather and/or working too hard on that big project.

While browsing memepool.com today, I stumbled upon one of the more eloquent histories of Arab/Israeli conflict I've ever read. I'm still amazed that intelligent people can believe all this ghosts and goblins stuff and still find a way to make their side seem relevant and rational.

"Oh yes -- so and so came down from on the mountain top and proclaimed that we're the best and this guy told my Dad that we would be saved and get all the land and riches we deserve."

Sounds like that long chain of phrases that told us how someone "saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors the other night."

Anyway, in this great country of ours, you are still free to believe whatever kooky shit your parents foisted upon you, regardless of how little sense it makes (scientifically or otherwise). So, in honor of that freedom (while it still exists) here is an awesome write-up by Dr. David R. Reagan.

http://www.lamblion.com/prophecy/Jews-Israel/Jews-13.php

__ The Middle East Crisis in Biblical Perspective __

In this piece, Reagan delineates clearly how the Arab peoples (who seem to want to be called anything except "Arab") will NEVER stop terrorizing the Jews because their god in their important book told them a long time ago that all that land and stuff really, really belonged to them. Totally. Like, without dispute or debate. My absolute favorite quote is below:

"The turning point came in the summer of 2000 when Ehud Barak caved in to Palestinian terror and offered Arafat everything except the keys to the Knesset. When Arafat refused even to consider the offer, the eyes of the Israeli people were opened to the truth that Arafat was not interested in peace. They finally realized that he was determined to take all of Israel."

Also made clear by this devout Christian author is the idea that the Jews are suffering because they are wrong. They were wrong to reject God's only Son and until they repent and accept Jesus Christ as their Holy Lord and Savior, their lives will continue to suck rotten eggs. Apparently, they will not learn this lesson until they have all been relocated in a hot, tiny corner of the world and most of them have been slaughtered. Then, all of a sudden, they will be like "Holy crap!! Jesus is a great guy and I totally want him running my life!"

This eventual outcome will give the Christians unlimited smirking rights. They will know that they were "right all along" and they can snicker as the Jews drag themselves along, begging forgiveness, and ultimately deciding on the same soccer team captain as them.

What is NOT clear from the article, however, is how this will play out with the "has-to-happen" End Times Showdown between the sweet, peace-loving Islamic peoples and the hearty, Father-knows-best Christians and their rag-tag band of Johnny-come-lately Jews. One can imagine that only God(tm) and the United States Holy Elected King (GWB) know the answer to this quandary.

So there you have it folks. The rest of our lifetimes in a nutshell. Endless fear, war, bloodshed and hatred all because the pious religious folk can't seem to get along -- neither with other religions, nor within themselves. I'm just so glad that each and every one of them knows that they are "The Chosen One."

Infallibility is a stinky cologne.

These days of snotty messages transmitted over telco lines without so much as a physical presence are really wondrous. One of the most common glib statements I see lobbed at anyone in opposition is "Go learn your history and them come back to the discussion." Yes - this is such a nice, convenient way to dismiss your opponent. *They* obviously are ignorant, thus their opinion and voice do not matter. Certainly, the possibility doesn't exist that *you* could be wrong or even perhaps that "the history books" you speak so highly of could be biased or downright incorrect.

Here is your opportunity to "Go learn your history" and come back to the discussion. Like I said, it is a very good write-up. Just be cautious towards the bottom as things descend into monolithic Christian-speak and we hear about how "great God is" because he is "fulfilling His promises" to torture the Jews. Or how "graceful God is" because instead of simply destroying all those stubborn Jews, God will instead just destroy /most/ of them and leave the rest begging for mercy. "That's grace."

Then I think there is more about Jesus really bringing the team together (heh. whats left of it) and then getting his own talk show where he helps all the now-believers to believe even stronger. Good times. Good times...

Thank you Jesus. Thank you Lord.