internetworkers - [internetworkers] Jerry's Kids to Jail Jones

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Jerry's Kids to Jail Jones
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 14:10:34 -0400 (EDT)

Beloved internetworking friends,

I need your help. I'm about to be arrested (no, not in development; in
person, in my physical body) by the Muscular Dystrophy Association as part
of their annual fund-raiser. As much as you may love the idea of my being
jailed, I'm sure you'll be delighted to know that your contribution to MDA
toward my bail is tax-deductible and will be spent on MDA's local health
care service program as well as on worldwide research efforts.

I understand that you can mark your contribution to free me or to have MDA
(and the Carolina Inn where I will be jailed) to keep me.

Contributions to MDA (or in longer hand to Muscular Distrophy Association)
can be in the form of cash, check or credit card.

What: Get Jones outa jail or leave him in
When: Before June 22nd Tuesday
How: Contribute via cash, check or credit card
Notify me and I will pick up the $$$ and give you the tax forms, etc.
How much: Every time we reach $600 MDA sends a kid to camp. All contributions
usually about $25 or $50 are welcome.

Paul Jones
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation." Alasdair Gray
http://www.ibiblio.org/pjones/
pjones AT ibiblio.org voice: (919) 962-7600 fax: (919) 962-8071

  • [internetworkers] Jerry's Kids to Jail Jones, Paul Jones, 06/07/2004