internetworkers - [internetworkers] June Gathering

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: inet-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] June Gathering
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 22:10:29 -0400 (EDT)

And! the winner iiiiiis ... the place with the non-gender-specific hotties.

* What: InterNetWorkers June Gathering
* When: 7pm 03 June 2004
* Where: The Flying Saucer Draught Emporium
328 W Morgan Street, Raleigh, NC 27601
(919) 821-7468
* Why: Because Thomas said so... ;)
* RSVP: Alan MacHett, MacHett [AT] ibiblio [DOT] org

Man, we really seem to like this place, given the amount of discussion I
found in the archives. My apologies to Ian, but I figured I should go
with the tried and true among INW, myself having never been to either the
MM or the Saucer. The Saucer sounds like a fantastic place, so I'm sure
we'll all enjoy it (and the hotties, and the beer, and the hotties, and
the food, and did I mention the hotties?).

Check out the fun Flash at their website:
http://www.beerknurd.com/

Don't forget to take your laptop:
http://usatoday.jiwire.com/wi-fi-wireless-hotspot-raleigh-north-carolina-nc-us-flying-saucer-46674-1.htm

* DIRECTIONS ( shamelessly borrowed from
http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/meeting/mpics_05_02.php3 ):

The Flying Saucer is one block south from the cylindrical Clairon Inn
(formerly Holiday Inn) in downtown Raleigh. It is on Morgan Street, which
is parallel to Hillsborough Street and is one way to the east. The cross
street is Harrington Street.

>From Chapel Hill/Durham and points west:

Take I-40 East and then the Wade Avenue exit. Wade Avenue terminates in to
Capital Blvd. Follow the Capital Blvd directions below.

>From points east of Raleigh:

Take I-40 West to I-440 Outer Beltline. Take the Captial Blvd south exit
and follow the directions below.

>From North Raleigh:

Take Glenwood Avenue south until it terminates into W. Morgan Street. Turn
left. The flying saucer will be at the interesection of W. Morgan St. and
Harrington. Alternatively, take Capital Blvd south and follow the Capital
Blvd directions below.

>From Cary and south Raleigh:

Get on the I-440 Inner Beltline and take the Hillsborough St. exit towards
N.C. State and downtown. Follow the directions from Hillsborough Street
below. (If you are coming from the south east of Raleigh, these aren't the
best directions. Contact me if you need help.)

>From Capital Blvd:

Take Capital Blvd south. It will change to N. Dawson St. Drive through the
interesection with W. Morgan St (at that point it is one way going the
wrong way) and turn right at the next interesection, Hargett St. Go on
block and turn right on Harrington St. The Flying Saucer is at the next
corner.

>From Hillsborough Street:

Take Hillsborough Street east towards downtown. Turn right on to
Harrington St. The Flying Saucer is on the next corner.

  • [internetworkers] June Gathering, Alan MacHett, 05/28/2004