internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Urgent: Raleigh USA Patriot Act Resolution, City Council June 1

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT mac.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Urgent: Raleigh USA Patriot Act Resolution, City Council June 1
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 18:49:58 -0400

personally, although I appluad their efforts, the version before included things to the effect of not cooperating with federal law enforcement and such when they felt it was a violation of privacy or whatever

as much as I would like to see that happen, I can't ask them to pass something like that, because after all, right now, it *is* still the law. A resolution voicing opposition to it is alright, but one encouraging outright violation is over the top

pardon me if it has been changed, i'll go read it now :p

my $0.02
ian