internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Temp Nortel Worker Needs Temp Space

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jeremy Portzer <jeremyp AT pobox.com>
  • To: B <beeline AT mindspring.com>, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Temp Nortel Worker Needs Temp Space
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 10:22:24 -0400

If he doesn't find a place, there are several extended stay hotel type
places nearby to RTP. Not $100/week but not badly priced either.

--Jeremy, lives adjacent to RTP (and VERY close to Nortel) but only has
a 1-br apt

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 10:09, B wrote:
> I have a former co-worker/friend who has returned to NC after taking a
> break from the south (as if one has to do that) in Minn., who has gotten
> a temporary contract with Nortel. I worked with him at AT&T some years
> ago and we've kept in touch. He's basically living in Greensboro but
> needs temporary work-week quarters closer to RTP/Nortel.
>
> Todd (Pierce) is an extremely intelligent, easy and personable person to
> hang with, and I would put him up at my place, if I a) had a spare bedroom
> and b) lived/worked closer to the center of the universe (e.g. RTP).
>
> Email me off list if you can help!
>
> "B"
>
> >From Todd, in his own words:
>
> The following is the fact/requirement/dream list.
>
> I Start on Monday, May 17th. I won't get paid until three weeks after
> start, but I can perhaps pay a little cash from the get go. I am assuming
> will be paying at least 100 bucks a week, and I'll be in GSO on the
> weekends. After the three week mark, cash will not be an issue (I'm
> compensated well).
>
> The jobsite is at one of the Nortel buildings in the RTP. I'd ideally live
> as close as possible to it.
>
> The contract is guaranteed only for two months... I have not scheduled my
> life beyond that.
>
> I own almost nothing so it's not like I can make a mess with my posessions.
>
> I can bring an air mattress or something to sleep on.
>
> I can do my laundry in GSO on the weekends.
>
> I won't have my car with me, but I am generally a homebody, preferring to
> watch TV, read and do computer programming, so I don't really need rides to
> go anywhere. Of course, if someone works in the RTP I'd enthusiastically
> carpool and am willing to pay for it.
>
> I smoke, but I don't smoke indoors. Besides that, I don't use any other
> substances except beer and coffee occasionally.
>
> I can tutor kids in a lot of different fields, should I be in a family
> envirnoment. I can also cook.
>
> I don't exactly love pets, but they love me... so what is one supposed to
> do.
>
> I have my own cell phone, so that's taken care of. I don't need a mailing
> address either.
>
> I don't have a criminal record (but I've lived with lots of people who do).
>
> I don't think anything can surprise me anymore in terms of living
> situations, so I'm pretty easy going.
>
> I am cosmopolitan and educated and get along with almost anybody from any
> country.
>
> I am 35 years old, somewhat left and libertarian politically.
>
> I am accustomed to doing chores on a regular basis.
>
> If someone really wants to start a band, I'll knuckle-under and bring my
> synthesizer.
>
> I need almost zero kitchen privileges, since I won't have enough money for
> anything but Ramen soup for the first three weeks. After that, I plan to
> eat tons of food at upscale restaurants at every waking unscheduled moment.

> [...]
| Jeremy Portzer jeremyp AT pobox.com trilug.org/~jeremy |
| GPG Fingerprint: 712D 77C7 AB2D 2130 989F E135 6F9F F7BC CC1A 7B92 |