internetworkers - [internetworkers] PostgreSQL on Cygwin

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Carol Thomson <cthomson AT topsailtech.com>
  • To: internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] PostgreSQL on Cygwin
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 13:56:18 -0400

In need to install an older version of Postgres, 7.3.4-2, under Cygwin and cannot find a mirror site (with setup.ini) that has this version. I have found and downloaded the cygwin binary postgresql-7.3.4-2.tar.bz2 but I cannot get Cygwin Setup to install it with out a setup.ini file.

Does anyone know either

1) a site with postgresql-7.3.4-2.tar.bz2 and the appropriate setup.ini file

2) how to install without a setup.ini file

I have searched high and low and anyone who can help me gets loads of good
karma.

And I know running Postgres under Cygwin sucks, so please don't remind me.

Thanks,
Carol

  • [internetworkers] PostgreSQL on Cygwin, Carol Thomson, 04/21/2004