internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Iron Chef

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Iron Chef
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 09:54:10 -0400

Ian Meyer wrote
> alright...its been dead on the list, so here's food for thought, er, at
> least discussion...
>
> so...who else likes Iron Chef? Who's your favorite chef? Theme
> ingredient?

My favorite Iron Chef is Iron Chef Japanese, Masaharu Morimoto. Although
Chen is a very close second.

I have no particular favorite theme ingredient, although I do like the rare
ingredients such as Jinhua Pork, Unisex Salmon, Abalone, and the purported
episode where Dog was used. In fairness, that episode was with the
Australian challenger and identifies the ingredient as veal or lamb I
believe. But the picture looked like a dog carcass and the reaction of the
challenger didn't seem like a reaction to veal or lamb.

> And what about the news that in a recent japanese special (brace
> yourself) it was revealed that Takeishi Kaga, the Chairman, died from
> bad pufferfish, and his more-eccentric nephew has taken over IC duty?
> (as a result that the actor behind Kaga is having more of his time
> taken up by *real* stage acting)

I think that the story is funny, but without the Chairman it just isn't the
same.

> (btw: if someone wants to have an IC weekend, I have 5 gigs of episodes
> :p including the "Legend of Michiba" special as well as the King of
> Iron Chef tournament)

I definitely be up for this. I'd even be up for trying to make one of the
theme ingredients.