internetworkers - [internetworkers] ipods for cheap!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <Sil_greene AT unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] ipods for cheap!
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:37:54 -0500 (EST)

Ahh... first iPod users recognize their fellow iPod carriers, approach on
the street, and swap songs; and now the aggressive-yet-fashion-conscious
want in on the fun. Now I know how to get one cheap!

iPod: this season's must-have for muggers

'The thief then asked Baskerville if he was listening to an iPod and,
receiving an affirmative answer, he "pulled a knife out and started waving
it at me, saying: .Well hand it over, then.. I gave it to him and he ran
off. He must have known I was wearing an iPod because of the white
headphones."

[...]

'What's the point of buying a must-have fashion accessory unless everyone
within a 300-yard radius can enjoy it too?'