internetworkers - [internetworkers] Federation Starship Exeter

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: Internetworkers AT happyhouse.metalab.unc.edu:"http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Federation Starship Exeter
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:50:44 -0500

Sorry to interrupt the SPEWS spew, but I wanted to post something about the latest from ExeterStudios. For those of you who didn't see it when it was finished, two brothers spent nearly 7 years making their own StarTrek episode in the spirit of the original series. I purchased it on DVD, along with a "making of" DVD, and sure the acting is cheesy and the effects are bad, but I liked the original TV show anyway :-)

Anway, I figured this would be the end, but the apparently managed to get enough money and attention to start working on two new episodes! They attracted a writer who worked on The Next Generation to rewrite the scripts, and will be filming the next episode this summer at the Austin Film Studios, which look like an incredible asset for Austin. Preproduction is well on its way: check out the cool props for instance:

http://homepage.mac.com/starshipexeter/exeterstudio/props.html

Anyway, I hope some of you will support them by purchasing a DVD. I enjoyed learning how they did the phasor and beaming effects live during filming using a piece of plexiglas, their mother's blender, and a matte.

http://www.austinfilmsociety.com/Studios.asp
http://homepage.mac.com/starshipexeter/

michael at czeiszperger dot org
Chapel Hill, NC