internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] latex to FrameMaker converter?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: MCW <mcw AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] latex to FrameMaker converter?
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:23:14 -0500

On Wednesday 24 March 2004 10:43 pm, Jim Allman wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 24, 2004, at 03:38 PM, MCW wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a latex to FrameMaker converter? I think one
> > existed once,
> > but I can't find it now. It would be really handy :)
>
> FWIW, I just bumped into its opposite (converts FrameMaker to LaTeX):
>
> http://www.cs.brandeis.edu/~pablo/mif2lyx/
>
> Perhaps there's a clue here to what you're looking for?
>
> =jimA=

I didn't mean to be obtuse, so here's what I'm up to. I'm writing a large
document (a book, "The Practical Manager's Guide to Open Source", Manning
Publications, due out in June) with vi using latex markups. It all eventually
goes to the production people who use FrameMaker. Usually people do this sort
of thing in Word format, but I have managed to keep the original document in
plain text because it is my preference. I would like a way to give them the
final version straight into Frame from latex, so I don't have to do extra
conversion to Word and back again. Thanks!

Maria