internetworkers - [internetworkers] [Gathering] April 1, 2004 @ West End Wine Bar

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] [Gathering] April 1, 2004 @ West End Wine Bar
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 18:06:53 -0500

Hola InterNetWorkers --

It is a pretty light traffic day on INW and I hope it is because everyone is out to their favorite pub drinking green beer! You can probably send email from your phone anyway, but you're still excused. Anyway, I got a chance to speak with Jared today at West End. We are booked for April Fool's Day. No, it is not a fake meeting. ;)

I also noticed from checking out the INW website that Vincent booked us at the Wine Bar exactly one year ago. Err.. well, for the April 2003 gathering. Close enough. Also, his write up for the Wine Bar was so good that I pilfered that off the site, too. Some things just can't be improved upon. [Ed. note: I did add that bit about Penang.]

What: Triangle InterNetWorkers Gathering
When: Thursday, April 1, 2004 - 7:00 p.m.
Where: West End Wine Bar
450 W Franklin St
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
Phone: (919) 967-7599
Why: It is Spring in Chapel Hill and they've got a killer deck.
RSVP: dave AT matusiak.org

The West End Wine Bar has a great selection of wines, beers, and a recently expanded menu. They have a little something for everyone. The wine bar itself has a nice, relaxed atmosphere, with plenty of seating and live music 2 times a week. Downstairs is the Cellar, where you can go for a beer and game of pool. Upstairs is a large outdoor deck where you can go to chomp on that favorite Cuban you've been salivating over for the past 4 Winter months.

If you're not familiar with Chapel Hill, The West End Wine Bar is located, well, on the West end towards Carrboro. Right next door is the Cave, and across the street is Penang Malaysian/Thai/Sushi (where Pyewacket used to be). You should be able to find parking pretty easily. If you can't find a spot on the street, try the parking lot behind Penang (the old Pyewacket). Alternatively, the lots off Rosemary Street (behind West End and near Henry's) are usually parkable.

http://triangle.citysearch.com/profile/6158366/

  • [internetworkers] [Gathering] April 1, 2004 @ West End Wine Bar, matusiak, 03/17/2004