internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Cities that Rock: Pittsburgh, RDU, Denver?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Steve Burnett" <burnett AT pobox.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Cities that Rock: Pittsburgh, RDU, Denver?
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:31:18 -0500 (EST)

zman wrote:

> I would say it had more to do with letting Grog book the place for 3
> years, by the time Kenny finally got rid of him it was a little to
> little a little to late. Also the city, neighborhood, and university's
> attack on alcohol serving establishments didn't help.

Agreed: as recently as last weekend one of our mutual local musician
friends and cupajoe constant presences had never heard Grog had ever been
gotten rid of, so that reputation had stuck in his mind.

>From my perspective, for a long time the Brewery simply hadn't booked any
shows I wanted to see, even recently: I think I saw only two shows in the
last year there, and I checked their schedule regularly.