internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Jboss application server

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Jboss application server
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 11:22:41 -0500

I'm no J2EE developer, but I've certainly checked out Jboss AS from a
deployment/administration standpoint, to expand the capabilities of
Tomcat. It's a nice product, or at least it was until the company
split... don't know much about what's been happening with it recently.
Certainly I would still see it as a reasonable alternative for
implementing EJB/J2EE solutions for those with little money. Would love
to have an opportunity to "play" with it in a real-world setting, not
just at home. ;-) Please feel free to contact me directly if you want to
discuss your project needs, but please do so via my home email,
nutryb_at_mindspring_dot_com.

And for the rest of everyone, here are a few links on the company split:
http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/06/04/HNcore_1.html
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=9850
http://www.eweek.com/print_article/0,3668,a=43180,00.asp
http://www.coredevelopers.net/

Oh, and Jboss training coming up this summer in Atlanta and Raleigh:
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=html&op=userdisplay&id=services/training/schedule

Paula
(Java environment lead & admin for several different flavors of Java App
Servers)

Looking for any Triangle-based experience building and deploying
solutions with Jboss.

Stuart
spowell AT springboardhosting.com

  • RE: [internetworkers] Jboss application server, childers . paula, 03/01/2004