internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] News14's Fake Snow Closings

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] News14's Fake Snow Closings
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:31:00 -0500 (EST)

"Registration to closings is currently offline. Please call News 14
Carolina at (919) 882-4125 to register your business or organization."

:)

I was going to say how stupid it is to allow people to make direct posts,
but then I thought of wiki and comments pages and so forth. I suppose the
allure here was that they were piping this stuff directly to their
newscast.

So how does any such form of public posting normally function? Where's
the editor/moderator?

-Alan