internetworkers - [internetworkers] Cory Doctorow novel released online

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: jomcfac AT listserv.unc.edu, sils-faculty AT listserv.unc.edu
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Cory Doctorow novel released online
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 15:48:14 -0500 (EST)

Cory will speak at 3:30 tomorrow (2/5) in Wilson Library at UNC

Cory Doctorow Releases 'Eastern Standard Tribe'

Posted by timothy on Wednesday February 04, @01:48PM
from the free-pdf-to-first-reviewer dept.
OrenWolf writes "Cory Doctorow (of EFF and Boing Boing fame), has
released his second novel, Eastern Standard Tribe today.. it should be
showing up in bookstores shortly. As with his earlier work, Down and Out
in the Magic Kingdom, Cory has made the whole text of the novel available
as a free download "in a variety of open, standards-defined formats, under
the terms of a Creative Commons license." Cory also has a writeup
"explaining why I've done it: in a nutshell, this worked really well for
my first book, and I'd be crazy not to repeat the experiment with my
second novel.""

Paul Jones
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation." Alasdair Gray
http://www.ibiblio.org/pjones/
pjones AT ibiblio.org voice: (919) 962-7600 fax: (919) 962-8071