internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Re: feel the love

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: burnett AT pobox.com
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Re: feel the love
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 17:02:16 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Diana Duncan wrote:

> Oh, and for anyone who has wondered if we named our cat Morpheus after
> the Matrix, we DIDN'T.

Parallel naming, then. From Neil Gaiman's blog:
http://www.neilgaiman.com/journal/2003_06_08_archive.asp
(near the bottom)

"Q: Do you know if Morpheus in general was a direct shout out to your
Sandman work?

A: There was an article someone forwarded to me when the first Matrix film
came out, an interview where Lawrence Fishburne talked about meeting DC
Comics' Head Jenette Kahn on a plane, and how she gave him some Sandman
books, which he didn't read until he was cast in the Matrix, and was told
by the Wachowskis that his part should be played like Morpheus in the
Sandman comics. But that was the only mention I've ever seen."

best,
Steve Burnett