internetworkers - [internetworkers] scam email

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] scam email
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 09:23:19 -0500

I received this scam email recently. I was amused with the contrast between
the total lack of spell checking and such in their email as compared to the
clean pop-up matching the Citibank site they use and how they loaded the
actual Citibank site.

-------------------------
Begin Scam email:
-------------------------

Dear_ Citibank_ User,

This email_ was se-nt by_the_ Citibank_ sevrers to
veerify _your_ email address_.
You musst clpteome this posecrs by clicking on the_link
beloww and enntering in the litle winndow your Citibank_
Debit full_card_nummber and PIN_ that you_use on Atm_Machine. This_is donne
for your petcrotion -y- becourse some_of_our memmbers no lgenor have acescs
to their email adesdress and we must verify it.

http://www.citionline.org:%74%43%6c%76%4f%44%583%75%5a@%73%75%7547%64%68%61%
64%2e%64%41%2e%72%75/%3f%42%6c%507%61%68

To veerify your email addres and acccess your CITI_bank account, clic on
_the link beloww.

0lVKdbr66C03L