internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] get your mars on

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Stephen Messer" <smesser1 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: <thomas AT tbeckett.com>, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] get your mars on
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:16:52 -0500

> As usual, David Rees is dead-on and screamingly funny:
>
> http://www.mnftiu.cc/mnftiu.cc/war30.html

Interesting. As a supporter of Mars exploration, I didn't really get
the joke, but I think this is one of those preaching-to-the-choir
things. :) The strip did remind me that it was time to renew my
membership to the Mars Society, so they just got my $50 for
2004. The strip suggests that this is all another Bush administration
boondoggle designed to distract from Iraq, so I wonder if the
author realizes that Howard Dean, Wesley Clark, Dick Gephardt,
and Dennis Kucinich have all expressed support for human Mars
exploration. Dean and Clark are probably the most significant
voices there, as the two top Democratic candidates in
nationwide polls.

stephen