internetworkers - [internetworkers] possible job???

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] possible job???
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 15:22:57 -0500

I don't want to put this on the job board, because it's kind of
tentative, but I *might* know of a job opening in RTP with a contracting
company (NOT the co. I work for). Maybe. Possibly. A friend asked me if
I knew anyone, and I thought I'd see if any INW folks fit the bill. We
can email directly about the logistics / its actual existence or not...

quote re: job:
"Basically, it would be for a person to perform administrivia, project
tracking, and low-level but inordinately "politcal" project management.
You wouldn't have to be True Geek, but general knowledge of a variety
of web technologies would be useful to keep you from getting completely
lost. The most important aspect of the job : the need for astounding
organizational and "political" skills, and a high tolerance for the
performance of administrative BS. Description? a secretary and a
mediator and a writer of elegant politically-correct prose for emails.
You will be forced to schedule, round up, cajole and generally babysit a
team of willfull and chaotic geeks; to run, document, and followup on
nine jillion tedious and politically loaded meetings with every type of
personality mingling badly; and suffer through being the one person
holding a project together without anyone ever giving you any credit for
such. You will always be low man or woman on the totem pole, with
utterly no decision-making power of your own (other than, perhaps,
deciding what time to have a meeting). Oh, and it pays not so good,
either. So why would you want the job? uh, for fun? You like a
challenge?"

Anyway, email me if you are interested. I can't promise anything, but I
can pass worthwhile info to my friend there.

Paula