internetworkers - [internetworkers] More than 3/4 of a million high-tech jobs lost last year

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Winslow Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: Internetworkers AT happyhouse.metalab.unc.edu:"http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [internetworkers] More than 3/4 of a million high-tech jobs lost last year
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:31:45 -0500

http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/siliconvalley/7298279.htm

And I also read that HP was going lay off 2000 more workers as it built up its offshore staff.

Maybe we should all give up and sell tinfoil hats for pets on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewItem&category=1469&item=2952625576

If you put up a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying "End-
of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH", the paint wouldn't even have time
to dry. -- Pratchett
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC

  • [internetworkers] More than 3/4 of a million high-tech jobs lost last year, Michael Winslow Czeiszperger, 11/20/2003