internetworkers - [internetworkers] smart mob behaviour in commercials

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Scott Lundgren" <s_l AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] smart mob behaviour in commercials
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 14:32:57 -0500

I'm watching afternoon football, and I was amused to see a commercial that
in pitching the utility of the particular cellphone demonstrated smart mob
behaviour:

camera shot 1: 4 young professional males hailing taxis.
camera shot 2: Yuppie #1 at Bar #1, checking out the crowd says to his phone
"uh, three"
camera shot 3: Yuppie #2 at Bar #2, reports to his phone "two"
camera shot 4: Yuppie #3 at Bar #3, quips "six"
camera shot 5: Yuppie #4 at Bar #4, with a large smile "twenty-three"
camera shot 6: Yuppie's #1,#2,#3 hailing taxis.
camera shot 7: Yuppie's #1,#2,#3,#4 reunited in Bar #4 smiling and enjoying
the beavy of beauties in attendance.
camera shot 8: Young attractive professional woman in Bar #4 with bored look
on face, pulls out phone and says "zero".

- SL