internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Unmarked Boeing 747 At RDU

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael D. Thomas" <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Unmarked Boeing 747 At RDU
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 16:47:48 -0500

> Does anybody have any pictures? Can you give any more details? Livery?
> Reg. (N-number)?

Come in to RDU from highway 70 or Park & Ride 4. You get a glimpse of
the whole bird as you drive towards the terminals and you are between
the two bridges. She's a beauty.

You can't see it from the observation deck -- I tried -- but there is a
little road you can go down when you are traveling in that area /away/
from the terminals. It's the road where the rescue unit is. If you had
binoculars you could study it from there.

I've been at the airport a couple of times recently and have seen it in
the same place both times. The last time it was 6:00 a.m. in the morning
and I had just dropped my sister off. I circled a few times trying to
get a look at it. It's parked in a place where you can only really see
it from a couple of places.

I saw no letters or numbers anywhere. There is some kind of seal on the
tail, but I didn't recognize it. If anyone knows of a list of government
seals I might be able to pick it out.