internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Amazon's Search Inside the Books

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Steve Burnett" <burnett AT pobox.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Amazon's Search Inside the Books
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:46:11 -0400 (EDT)

> i've tried this at
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/10197021/002-9174955-3948066
> very impressive.
> searching for the odd author's name, say marchionini, ora unique words,
> say ibiblio, gives some interesting cites.

I had thanked an online community in the acknowledgments section of my
last book (OS X Bible, Jaguar Edition). I discovered the existence of the
new Amazon feature this morning when I checked the community and saw a
post from someone else in the community who had used Amazon's new feature,
found the reference in the acknowledgments section and posted about it.

best,
Steve Burnett