internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] handspring neo or Clie PEG-JS22?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] handspring neo or Clie PEG-JS22?
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 16:47:43 -0400

I don't have a Handspring Neo, but I do support a handful of Handspring
Visor Platinums here in the office, and they are all rock solid. We
bought a batch of 6 of them about a year and a half ago and they were
close-out items at the time, so I'm not sure if you can still get one. I
recently got a Handspring Treo 600 (PDA/cell phone combo gadget that
also has a camera, does email and web very well, plays MP3s, etc., etc.)
and absolutely love it, although it was not cheap. If you want to know
more about it, please ask off list. One low-cost PDA to avoid is the
Palm Zire. We have one in the office and had a few problems with it.
Besides that, it just feels so cheap and flimsy that I doubt it will
hold up too well in the long run. I have had one early Sony Clie come
trough the office a few years ago, and my impression of it was that it
was pretty flimsy, however I played with a few of the current ones at
Best Buy and CompUSA recently, and they feel a lot more solid. Other
than that I can't say anything else either pro or con about the Sony
Clies. All of the Handsprings that I have worked with all felt pretty
solid, and the ones that we have had for a longer period of time have
all held up pretty well so far; definitely better than the Palms.

Hope some of this is helpful,
Bill