internetworkers - [internetworkers] How to get Orange county housing sale prices

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Winslow Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] How to get Orange county housing sale prices
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:07:22 -0400

I got some help from "Roscoe" who works for Orange county and was able to get the housing price information. Isn't it great the county will email you back?

In case anyone else from Orange County ever wants to look up the sale prices, here's the procedure:

Go to: http://www.co.orange.nc.us/gis/index.htm

Click on the link that says "Interactive GIS - Old Site" (I couldn't get the "new site" to do anything but spit out javascript errors.)
If you know the land's PIN or TMBL numbers you can type those in. Otherwise type in your address, or select and neighborhood and navigate to the lot.

Click on the Jump to Advanced Viewer link
Click on the "i" inside the circle on the left menu
Click on the lot to query, bringing up stats at the bottom
Scroll to the RVSTAMP value
Divide this number by two to get the last known sale price in thousands

This is the information used for county property taxes, not the actual deed, and some of the lots I checked had blank RVSTMP values, but the above procedure is still a lot less painful than talking to a real-estate agent.

No one really knows how to play the drums. There's nothing to know. You just hit
them with sticks. If you miss, just sit closer. -- Pratchett
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC

  • [internetworkers] How to get Orange county housing sale prices, Michael Winslow Czeiszperger, 10/20/2003