internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] flash mob #2

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT mac.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] flash mob #2
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 22:53:32 -0400

i went, and although part of it was fun, it was overall lame to me.

we received our instructions at the brickyard at nc state, and went from there...

we started out by going en masse into starbucks 5 minutes before closing time and ordering 1 coffee for all of us. as in, we would share it. the chicks in there freaked out, "we've only got drip coffee!" "we close in 5 minutes" stuff like that, and it was funny

then we went to the western lanes and cheered for a couple random strangers. this was the best part.

then we went up to the belltower and played, er, attempted to play "dancing queen" (by abba) on kazoos. that was really lame.

all in all, i think it was quite a letdown. hopefully the next one will be better...

ian