internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Jimmy Magoo show - try #3!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David R.Matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Jimmy Magoo show - try #3!
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 23:35:18 -0400

it seems i am having great difficulty getting my facts straight and including them all in one concise email -- apologies to all.

the (new) question is "Is this kid's music? That's all I've heard him do..."

well, it is true that in general Jimmy plays "kid-friendly" music, but he has assured me that the new Sun & Moon album is music more geared towards adults. in fact, his exact words were "the kids who have heard it are diggin it fine, it just wasn't written with them in mind.  this is just music for me." and they plan on rocking out!

also, a minor complication has arisen. this saturday nite also hosts a fantastic triple bill at Carrboro's Cat's Cradle -- Evan Dando, Bettie Serveert, Vic Chesnutt. since the first two are some of my absolute favorites, i will have to attempt to see them as well. so, i guess i will be bopping back and forth across Main Street all nite passing between two venues seeing multiple performers. should be a blast!

so, that may help answer the question of Michael Pose who asked if Jimmy Magoo was worth seeing. i would argue that he is definitely worth seeing, but this saturday nite you will have to be torn between two awesome performances - homegrown versus big name talent. good luck!! you are in a good place for music!

http://www.catscradle.com/schedule.html

dave m.