internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] scotch (was many other topics)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Diana Duncan <art2mis AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: craigduncan AT nc.rr.com
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] scotch (was many other topics)
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:17:50 -0400

OK, we're going to do a scotch tasting party night. At our house. No movie, because I believe that scotch tasting requires all of one's attention.

How about Friday, October 10th, starting at 8pm? We'll provide shortbread, oatcakes and cheese, perhaps a few other scotch-friendly nibbles, spring water, tasting glasses, spit containers and notepads for tasting notes. All who come must bring a bottle of scotch (one bottle per couple is OK). We have one book on scotch, if anyone has others please feel free to bring those as well, then we can compare our tasting notes with the experts.

RSVP to me if you are coming, and let me know what scotch you plan to bring. Single-malts only, but small-batch bourbon is also welcome for contrast. If your choice conflicts with another's, I'll ask you to choose something else (first responder gets to keep their choice). Then I'll send out directions to those who are coming closer to the event.

Please bring either a designated driver, or please use the spit bucket well. Drink responsibly!

Cool? I'll tell you what, even though I'll be spitting out most of it, I'll probably try to make sure Caelan is well fed ahead of time... :)

Diana