internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] CH Jiffy Lube staff attempts bank robbery

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Diana Duncan <art2mis AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] CH Jiffy Lube staff attempts bank robbery
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:45:57 -0400

On Wednesday, Sep 17, 2003, at 11:54 US/Eastern, Michael Winslow Czeiszperger wrote:

Off topic perhaps, but pretty weird. I guess things got slow at the Jiffy lube. From today's News in Brief:

Five employees of Jiffy Lube at 607 W. Franklin were taking into custody following a robbery Friday afternoon at the RBC bank at 101 E. Rosemary.

According to police reports, four employees ranging in age from 17 to 41 entered the bank at the corner of East Rosemary and N. Columbia streets. One of the employees, Richard Joseph Seever, 19, of 5356 Byrd Road, Burlington, presented a teller with a note demanding money.

I heard on the news today that Seever is claiming he didn't even read the note, and had no idea what it said. Wouldn't that fall under the "Ignorance is no excuse" clause?

Speaking of stupidity, there are people on the coast taking their children to the Atlantic Beach boardwalk to look at the hurricane, and of course many SUV owners are bravely plowing through several feet of water. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few Darwin award contenders who will come out of this storm today.