internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] They went and did it now...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] They went and did it now...
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 18:39:30 -0400

On 9/16/03 6:04 PM, "Ian Meyer" <ianmeyer AT mac.com> wrote:

> you have a TAM?
>
> *grovels*
>
> when did you get it? did you get the whole 9 yards? or buy it later?

My Mom got it new in 1997 or 1998 (can't remember). She gave it to me in
exchange for setting up her G4 iMac and transferring her data a couple of
years ago (she bought the first one that TenPlus in Raleigh received). While
the TAM is cool, the G4 iMac is a more practical (and faster) machine for
every day use.

> and it can't run X? what about, isnt there a 3rd party software thingy
> that enables X to run on older hardware?

It does not work with the TAM. It may once they do a release for that mother
board (6500), but probably not.

> also, if it runs 9, you can just mount the network drive of the music
> computer, then play that through iTunes for 9

That is an idea for once I have the iTunes server set up.