internetworkers - [internetworkers] Is there a GRUB / Linux Install Expert In The House

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Calvin Powers <calvin AT cspowers.com>
  • To: internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Is there a GRUB / Linux Install Expert In The House
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 14:30:50 -0400

Howdy,

If you are experienced at installing Linux and/or working with the GRUB loader and would be willing to help out a would-be Linux geek by e-mail, please contact me off-list.

I have PC with a 300 Mhz Pentium III, 192 Mb of memory and a 7 gig hard drive that aboslutely refuses to install Linux 9. And now when I try to go back and install Win 95, the boot loader (GRUB) is so messed up that it won't boot anything, Linux or Windows.

I'd be happy with either restoring the machine back to the point that it can boot '95 _or_ get the thing running Linux 9 workstation. But I can't seem to make progress in either direction at this point, which means I have a nice big boat anchor sitting on my table. :-(

--cp

  • [internetworkers] Is there a GRUB / Linux Install Expert In The House, Calvin Powers, 09/14/2003