internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] god says so

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Ruth Suehle" <wuzzled AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] god says so
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 16:23:46 -0400

Here's the message I sent to the snopes.com list about it back in July:

-

The page's code includes:

META name="generator" content="Our Lord Jesus Christ, Who hath generated
all"

She remarked that she hoped it was a hoax. I didn't find a snopes page,
although I may be a bad searcher today, so I thought I'd pass it on. It's an
entertaining read.

The name of one of their members is much discussed in relation to an essay,
including here -
http://www.infoworld.com/article/02/08/30/020902opsurvival_1.html

There's a somewhat entertaining discussion ("don't surf the web, you could
get a virus!") about the site on this Christian forum -
http://forums.christianity.com/html/P528718/

Googling for "Objective: Christian Ministries" is kind of fun. It's about
1/3 "check out this hilarious hoax," 1/3 "I can't tell if this is real or
not," and 1/3 "these people are crazy! Stupid Christians."

-

Here are some replies:

I thought I had seen this before somewhere, sometime. Follow the link
for Kyle Goldman's web siteo on the above page
[http://objective.jesussave.us/members.html]. At the bottom is a
link to his 'old' page. Read it. If you look at peoples E-mails they
are all to very different domains, none of which seem to exist.

I seem to remember that the photos are of real religious
fundamentalists but the names are wrong.

---

a while ago, I thought this thing was real so I put up a site trying to
provoke something from "jim carlson". the site is
http://www.jesussucks.netfirms.com . it is obviously trying to seem as
amateurish and childish as possible to try to provoke a reaction. I must
warn you however, there is much adult language and themes that may be
disturbing to people. this was an experiment I did and have some very
stupid conversations on the site with jim carlson. read at your own caution
and remember that I really don't act this way. this is a very childish and
stupid site that I made designed to provoke a reaction. overall, his

Ya can't tell the players without a scorecard lately. The whole subject of
"christian" religious sites appears to be infected with a widespread
satirical virus. I went to the objective site and saw a reference to Dr.
Richard Paley, which rang a bell. Googling returned a number of URL's
including the following

http://www.applelinks.com/articles/2002/04/20020423140855.shtml

Reading this I can't tell whether it's real or a goof on a goof on a goof.