internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] The competitive job market

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] The competitive job market
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 17:00:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov wrote:
> First of all, that ad is utterly frightening, not because the writer is
> "an AH," as he himself says, or because it's extreme fantasy, but
> because it so clearly defines the truth of the current situation.

Actually he does NOT call himself an AH. Please read more carefully. I
actually very much respect the honest approach to hiring someone. He is
being realistic with what it takes to compete these days. He doesn't want
to send jobs overseas. I've twice been in the position where I put in the
work and dedication he talks about and didn't get jack from either
company. To see someone appreciate and reward that kind of devotion is
refreshing. Also note his top paid employee is female, I very much applaud
this, it shows he is going on merit and not some decades old good-ol-boy
BS. I wish I qualified for the position I would apply in a heartbeat. It
also looks like he sees through the BS middle management trend that is
going through corporate America and is actively involved working side by
side with his employees. As for the year-2000 salary position, I also
agree there as well, I watched as new and hardly qualified employees were
brought in at twice the salaries of employees that had been with the
company from day one. These over inflated salaries are also responsible
for cost of living going up in your major tech centers in the US. When the
bubble collapsed did the cost go back down, NO! So I for one will stand
behind the honest, hard working, and competitive stance that this
gentleman has chosen to take.

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
scott AT thehellbenders.com
http://www.rod-o-rama.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1951 Kaiser Henry J (4" chop, 60's custom front end, bellybutton)