internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] I <heart> SpamAssassin

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott <catfather AT donpoo.net>
  • To: Internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] I <heart> SpamAssassin
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:17:47 -0400

On Friday, August 22, 2003, at 12:01 PM, Paul Jones wrote:

I hate to give in but I now have SpamAssasin in place. Woo woo! I caught
20 sobigs in as many minutes! I hope my Nigerian friends can still find me
tho.

The official corporate tool is BrightMail but on our department IMAP server we run SpamAssassin. Having seen them both in action I have to say that SA gives better results tagging email than BrightMail does. Of course, this is a statement without a clue because I don't know how the corporate SMTP team has configured BrightMail.

On the subject of false-positives, SA does tag some ham as spam for me, but only on the SA-Talk list where it is common to see examples of spam forwarded for the SA developers to evaluate. If I bothered to customize the SA install to whtielist the SA-Talk mailing list I'm sure all my false-positives would go away.

--
Scott (aim: bluecame1)
blog: http://sackheads.org/~scottrus/blog/