internetworkers - [internetworkers] client certificates in practical use?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Winslow Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] client certificates in practical use?
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 11:09:57 -0400

Does anyone out there have any experience with client certificates with regards to corporate security? I'm trying to design a feature to support them, but am having trouble because the main requests are coming from Japan and there's a translation gap.

The big questions I have are how are companies using them? Does each employee get one? Do the employees still have to log on in addition to the certificate?

Any pointers would be appreciated, thanks!

On Poetry: People could like daffodils if they wanted to, but should not be allowed
to take up more than a page to say so. -- Pratchett
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC

  • [internetworkers] client certificates in practical use?, Michael Winslow Czeiszperger, 08/07/2003