internetworkers - [internetworkers] calling all carrborators: make it wireless

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] calling all carrborators: make it wireless
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 21:27:50 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 11:46:35 -0400
From: Andy Vogel <avogel AT CI.CARRBORO.NC.US>
To: TOC-WIRELESS-L AT LISTSERV.CI.CARRBORO.NC.US
Subject: Looking for Volunteers...

Hello,

The Town of Carrboro is slowly working on getting portions of the downtown
area wireless (Wi-Fi). The first project is to make the Carr Mill downtown
area wireless. This should have the greatest impact in terms of delivering
service to the greatest number of residents. This area was also chosen due
to its_ proximity to existing Town owned infrastructure.

We are looking for volunteers to help pull and mount cable, mount wireless
access points, as well as, whatever may be needed to make this project a
success. We need your time, labor and any expertise you may be willing to
donate. We may need to work odd hours or around shoppers _ you must be
willing to be flexible and courteous to residents and shoppers. Experience
is not required.

This project will likely be occurring over the months of LATE August and
September (hope to have MOSTLY finished by end of September).

If you are interested in helping with this project, please contact Andy
Vogel by email _ avogel AT townofcarrboro.org. Please supply:

1) contact email address
2) phone number
3) days of the week available
4) time of day available