internetworkers - [internetworkers] PAM: Trading Begins Oct. 1!!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David R. Matusiak" <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] PAM: Trading Begins Oct. 1!!
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:31:55 -0400

Registration Starts This Friday (August 1, 2003)!!! So Get Involved!!!

< http://www.policyanalysismarket.org/pam_home.htm >
--
i guess my question is two-fold. maybe a few more folds and i'll have a binder.

1. do all of you /actually/ believe the reports that this whole initiative is being "called off"?? did you swallow it when they told you the TIA (Total Information Awareness) plan would NOT be used against US Citizens?? do you really think for a second that the US Govt. will not simply clobber along its intended path without due regard for its citizens or people around the world?

i don't. i think they have demonstrated so vividly that the American Public
no longer matters (and that non-US Citizens NEVER mattered) that i cannot
even begin to believe the crap that comes out of Washington and its
publishing division (i.e. all large media outlets in the USA).

we will continue to be monitored. we will continue to watch our personal
freedoms evaporate. we will all be suspects until we are proven
angelic (by some means involving Birth into Wealth or Religious B.S.).

whenever one of these cockamamie plans meets with harsh public criticism
all they do is drive the project further underground. which makes it
even harder for the few watchdogs to investigate and uncover. they come
out public with the "teaser plan," then go back to the labs once the
media storm has died out.

i mean, seriously folks, President Idiot and his cronies over at the
Dept. of Watching Americans Securely had already allotted $8 Million
cash to this stupid on-line video gambling parlor and now they are
gonna take that $$$ away and give it to the tree-huggers?? no way.

2. but here is WHY they did it:

from < http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/07/29/terrorist.market.ap/index.html >

"DARPA said markets could reveal "dispersed and even hidden information. Futures markets have proven themselves to be good at predicting such things as elections results; they are often better than expert opinions."

honestly, i always thought /my/ opinion was much better than "expert opinions" anyway, so here goes.

The Middle East will continue to be a fucked up wasteland where people would rather blow themselves up (to kill their opponents) than take any serious, mature adult actions that might lead to a better outcome.

Their fervent religious hatred for any person NOT involved in their group will continue to work in the ways they have celebrated for centuries. They will send their wives and daughters out to murder other innocent civilians instead of working towards peace. To them, this is honorable behavior.

The inability of the Middle Eastern mind to accept compromise will make sure that the USA has a place to practice its "War Games" for centuries to come. Everyone visible is a target. Anything valuable is a target.

Soldiers will die. Families will weep. Talk show hosts will make asinine statements about how "these numbers are really quite small if you compare them to other conflicts." I'm sure the families of the dead will appreciate that sentiment.

It will cost the USA unimaginable amounts of money, effort and resources to simply play puppet master to a region doomed to failure. They will still harbor their hatred, deep deep inside, where it can fester just long enough for that individual to gain access to something important. They will still hate the United States and its citizens (even those of us who feel we are being held captive by a Tyrannical Despot and his band of Evil Men).

This isn't about odds, or statistics, or gambling, or anything else you've read today. This is about people who will NEVER admit they are wrong, who will NEVER accept others and their differing beliefs, and will NEVER be trustworthy.

you wanted chips thrown on the table. there are my fucking chips.
/drm