internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] telemarketers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David R. Matusiak" <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] telemarketers
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 12:51:57 -0400

On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 11:50 AM, zman wrote:

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Craig Duncan wrote:
The federal government today launched a national registry for those who
do not wish to receive calls from telemerketers. All you have to do is
register at www.donotcall.gov and you will no longer receive those psky
and annoying calls.
The only problem I have had so far is connecting to the site, perhaps I
will try www.donotconnect.gov next.

I signed up early this morning. I think I may have even beat the /.
effect. But still have not received my email withthe confirmation
link. It's been about 4 or 5 hours.

Harumphff. the first time the govt does something "good" for the public in nearly 100 years and they have to host it on some wussy-assed windows P.O.S. that cannot even handle a few million concurrent connections. jesus AGE christ...