internetworkers - [internetworkers] cybercops

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ben Brunk <brunkb AT ils.unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] cybercops
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 14:36:40 -0400

"Anson, a Chapel Hill officer who is assigned to work nearly four days each week in Raleigh with the FBI Cyber Crime Task Force, was not with the officers at the school when they questioned Carter about a suspected computer hacking at the high school."

What crap. If they nailed a private citizen for impersonating an FBI agent they would face a battery of charges including probably terrorism charges. I'm glad the screwball lost his job though. We pay crazy taxes in Chapel Hill and Carrboro and all they do is cry that they don't have enough money. Then the police go and work in Raleigh FOUR DAYS A WEEK! How many other officers on the payroll are off in some other county or state doing god knows what? Then again, they're probably working off of some Homeland Insecurity grant.

Ben Brunk