internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Getting something out of broken Yamaha Synthesizer disk drive

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David R. Matusiak" <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Getting something out of broken Yamaha Synthesizer disk drive
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 15:22:22 -0400

well, at least the data still exits on the floppy, right? that is good news. you can try importing it onto computers (i'd recommend a Mac unless someone has another specific HW/SW recommendation), but my suggestion would be to try and find someone with a relatively close (or exact) Yamaha machine with floppy and read it via their device ONTO something else (like tape media or minidisc). hopefully they will be nice enough to not charge you for a brief use of their keyboard.

maybe check some of the instrument shops around carrboro/CH?
good luck saving the music!!
dave ;)