internetworkers - [internetworkers] Improv festival in town this weekend

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "H. Wade Minter" <minter AT lunenburg.org>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Improv festival in town this weekend
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 08:44:09 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings, Internetworkers

If you're looking for something to do this weekend, ComedyWorx in Raleigh
(formerly ComedySportz) is hosting the Atlantic Coast Comedy Conference
Championship this weekend, April 25-26. The weekend features improv teams
from Chicago, Richmond, Buffalo, Raleigh, and a multi-city all-star team
competing in the normal ComedyWorx-style improv show (similar to the
games on Who's Line Is It Anyway), as well as several new improv formats.

As a bonus, if you want the geek factor, you can stop by our sound booth
and check out the homegrown Linux/PerlTk/MySQL application we use to run
things. As what may or may not be a bonus, you can see a fellow
Internetworker (me) perform in many of the shows. :-)

To make reservations for any show, call 919-829-0822. For directions to
ComedyWorx (431 Peace St. in downtown Raleigh), go to
http://www.comedyworx.com/ Any questions on the tournament or ComedyWorx
in general, feel free to drop me a line.

###### AC4 SCHEDULE #####

APRIL 25
Friday 8:30
Raleigh vs. Chicago
Dual Exhaust

Friday 10:30
Arnie Sykes (music)
Andre Meadows Jam
The Swash
Choke Up

APRIL 26
Saturday 1:30
Buffalo vs. Richmond
Toba's Revenge

Saturday 4:45
Team USA vs. Richmond
Buffalo vs. Raleigh

Saturday 7:30
Team USA vs. Buffalo
Raleigh vs. Richmond

Saturday 9:45
AC4 CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
The Double Feature

Saturday Midnight
CHiPs
Two Horsemen

  • [internetworkers] Improv festival in town this weekend, H. Wade Minter, 04/24/2003