internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Fwd: middle school network

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: John Beimler <john AT radiomind.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Fwd: middle school network
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:10:38 -0400

ids AT idisplay.com wrote:

Are networks in middle schools common, or is the Phillips Middle School system unusual?

My daughter's going into 6th grade. My wife & I just learned about the network Language Arts uses.... The kids can work on files (PowerPoint, word processing, etc.) in class, and then access these from home. This is certainly not your father's sixth grade 8-)

Not sure, but my daugther's (charter) school - Sterling Montessori appears to have a similar set up. They are set up for preschool -> 8th grade, and my daughter is in kindergarten, so she doesn't use the computers at school yet. I think things have changed quickly. Even my 2 1/2 year old has mastered some computer skills and can rattle off web sites she wants to visit.

Peace.

john