internetworkers - [internetworkers] charity work: Out of the Blue (fwd)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (Judy Hallman)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] charity work: Out of the Blue (fwd)
  • Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 08:19:23 -0500 (EST)

Along the lines of charity work, I like the idea below (from the
UNC-Chapel Hill alumni e-mail list). It might take a lot of planning and
coordination, but some healthy competition between schools and/or
businesses might bring a lot of computers, networking, and/or training
efforts to bridging the digitial divide.

FOOD FIGHT: UNC, NCSU COMPETE FOR A GOOD CAUSE
Come Feb. 25, a lot more than basketball will be at stake between UNC and
NCSU. Carolina students have challenged everyone at N.C. State to see
which group can collect the most canned goods for the Food Bank of North
Carolina by the day of the next men's game between the two schools.
http://alumni.unc.edu/car/weekly/story.asp?sid=320

[Info on Out of the Blue:
You have received this message because you are subscribed to "Out of the
Blue."
For more information on subscribing or unsubscribing, see our Web site at
http://alumni.unc.edu/publications/ootb/
If you have subscription problems, send an e-mail to: alumni-news AT unc.edu]

Judy Hallman (hallman AT rtpnet.org, http://www.rtpnet.org/hallman)
Executive Director, RTPnet, NC (http://www.RTPnet.org/)

  • [internetworkers] charity work: Out of the Blue (fwd), Judy Hallman, 02/08/2003