internetworkers - [internetworkers] Re: boho resurgence

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (Roger Austin)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Re: boho resurgence
  • Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 18:51:08 -0500

I was a frequent visitor to the bars in the Cameron Village subway
through the '70s/80s and it was a hub of debauchery. The Frog and
Nightgown was down there for a while. The Cafe Deja Vu was one of my
haunts. The Pier was down there where you could get overcharged for bad
bands that were so loud that it really didn't matter if they were bad.
They also had some good bands too. There were some other shops and a
disco after the cool places ended their run, but after a while it just
fizzled out.
I think that the owners decided that the bar scene was too much for
them. There were a lot of complaints similar to those from the home
owners in other areas where bars are. I doubt that a bar scene will
return to the way it was in earlier years. Getting drunk and rowdy has
gotten a bad name for some reason.