internetworkers - [internetworkers] Telephone pole wire question

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (Lance A. Brown)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Telephone pole wire question
  • Date: 06 Feb 2003 12:56:44 -0500

Y'all have answered every other question I've thrown out on the list so
here is one more:

A pine tree has been leaning on one set of wires on the phone poles
across from my apartmet complex in Hillsborough since the Dec 2nd ice
storms. I *think* the cable in question is fibre-optic run by Time
Warner, but would like some confirmation before calling various
utilities to try to report this situation.

The cable is formed from a bare silver colored cable that attaches
directly to the phone poles and carries the weight of a fairly thick
black cable. The black cable also runs through a pair of teardrop
shaped turnarounds.

Does anyone know if this is in-fact, fiber, and who would be the right
people to call to get the tree removed?

--[Lance]

--
Carolina Spirit Quest - www.carolinaspiritquest.org