internetworkers - [internetworkers] Re: Insensitive Response

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Re: Insensitive Response
  • Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 10:18:33 -0500

I'm with Robert here, and I don't even know him, but I do know at least
a few of the rest of you. Perhaps most of you do believe that Dave
takes it all in fun, and maybe he does, I haven't asked him, but somehow
I'd bet that if I or a newbie had said the same controversial things,
the same types of responses would have been given anyway. In case you
were wondering, that doesn't build community, gang.

Plus, that's not very nice to Dave, to perpetually abuse him because "he
knows we're kidding." I am also often a provocateur with unusual or
controversial opinions, and although I usually take kidding from my
friends fairly well, I get awfully sick of it sometimes. I would find it
rather hurtful if I expressed an opinion to a group I thought of as
being fairly friendly and open-minded, and got "fuck you" in return,
even if in jest. If it's truly only a few people who feel that way, it
wasn't terribly clear from the messages flying around.

Paula the semi-lurker