internetworkers - [internetworkers] Representatives & email

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Edward Wesolowski <ids AT idisplay.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Representatives & email
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 12:05:27 -0500

Rob Christensen mentions email to legislators today in the N&O:
"The Legislature: How things really work on W. Jones St."
http://newsobserver.com/front/digest/story/2138644p-2031980c.html
I'm not sure it's the whole story, but I like it...
-------------HOW CAN AN AVERAGE PERSON GET THE LEGISLATURE TO PASS A LAW?------------
...Consider the growth of e-mail. The legislature receives an average of 180,000 pieces of e-mail from outside the building per month, in session or out. Some lawmakers can be seen answering mail on their laptops on the floor of the House or the Senate. That is a case where the average citizen has more access than a lobbyist.

Ed Wesolowski

"Our Political system was designed when the total U.S. population was 8.9 million, horseback was fastest way to travel, and shouting was about as far as a person could be heard."

  • [internetworkers] Representatives & email, Edward Wesolowski, 01/26/2003